Thank you for your interest in the Ohio Operating Engineers Apprenticeship Program.
The process for applying to become a student in our training program is as follows:
- Fill out our online application. We are not accepting any “in-person” applications. (click on any “Apply Now” link throughout this website)
- Make sure your name is spelled correctly
- Make sure your email address is correct
- Make sure your phone number is correct
- Make sure your “Last Four” (SS#) are correct
2. We will contact ALL applicants to schedule their entrance examination by phone, email, or both.
- Make sure your voicemail is set-up, and able to receive messages
- Make sure to watch your email (spam folder included)
3. Each of our training sites is actively contacting and testing applicants.
**We recently started our “Computer-Based” testing format. All sites began contacting applicants beginning with the oldest applications first, in January 2022.
**On average, it will take 3-4 weeks after you apply to be contacted. Each site has a different schedule and various numbers of applicants.
4. Once you have completed your test, you will be scored. Those who “pass” the test, will be contacted for an interview.
- Again, please make sure to check your email, and your phone, as these are the methods we will contact you.
**For those who have already applied: There is no need to re-apply. If you have an update such as a new address, a new email, or a new phone number, you may contact the training site that you have submitted your application to, and update your contact information with that site.
Opening the Doors to the Maintenance Technician Trade
Maintenance Technician Related Classes
Upon successfully completing these classes the operator must schedule a time...